The tournament is open to men and women golfers aged 30 years and over as of 11 January 2019. Players who must have a New Zealand Golf Handicap Index not exceeding 14.0 for men and 24.0 for women, or an overseas equivalent. The tournament committee reserves the right to take players with slightly higher handicaps.
All competitors must register at the Host Golf Club on Thursday 10 January (2.00pm - 4.00pm) or Friday 11 January (8.00am - 11.00am) preceding play in the Championship. Failure to do so may result in their place being taken by someone else.
GENERAL RULES OF PLAY
- The Rules of Play shall be the Rules of Golf as approved by the R & A Rules Limited, together with Local Rules as drawn up by the Championship Committee.
- Publishing of Draws: The draw will be available on www.parnz.co.nz and www.golf.co.nz following the close of entries. Draws during the event will be posted as soon as possible after the completion of play.
- Golf Balls: It is a condition of the Championship that only those balls published in the current list of Conforming Golf Balls issued by the R & A may be used in the Championship. The penalty for the use of a brand not listed is disqualification.
- Motorised Vehicles: During play, it is prohibited for a player to ride in or on a motorised vehicle unless granted permission under the New Zealand Golf Use of a Motorised Cart Policy. Penalty 2 strokes in stroke play for each hole where a breach occurs. Maximum penalty per round 4 strokes. In match play loss of hole, maximum penalty per round loss of 2 holes.
- Measuring Devices: In this competition, a player may obtain distance information by using a device that measures distance only. If during a stipulated round, a player uses a distance measuring device to gauge or measure other conditions that might affect play (e.g. elevation changes, wind speed, temperature, etc.), the player is in breach of Rule 14-3 for which the penalty is disqualification, regardless of whether any such additional functions are actually used.
- Pace of Play Guideline: Competitors will be issued with the New Zealand Golf policy for Pace of Play. It covers your responsibility to retain your place in the field, and an indication of how long you have to play shots. The penalties indicated in the policy will be enforced.
- Drugs Policy: All competitors are subject to drug testing for banned substances as laid down by the New Zealand Golf Anti-Doping Policy. Any competitor infringing this policy or refusing to take a test may be disqualified.
- Code of Conduct: All competitors are responsible for conducting themselves to the high standard expected at New Zealand Golf events. The New Zealand Golf Disciplinary Policy will be enforced if it is deemed necessary.
- All competitors participate in the tournament at their own risk. The Tournament Committee, PaR nz Limited, sponsors, host golf club and other suppliers of goods or services accept no liability for any death, injury, property loss or damage incurred during or arising out of any aspect of the conduct of the Championship.
The Championship Committee shall be comprised of the New Zealand Golf Tournament Director, the Rules Chairman and a Host Golf Club representative. The Championship Committee will decide all disputes, will be responsible for all arrangements and may, if necessary, postpone any event or alter the order of events or starting times. In the absence of the full Championship Committee, members present at the time may give a decision and any decision so given, shall be deemed to be a decision of the full Championship Committee. The Championship Committee’s decision on matters affecting the Championship shall be final. Any dispute or protest must be lodged in writing and submitted to the Championship Committee within fifteen (15) minutes of the conclusion of the day’s play. New Zealand Golf, PaR nz Limited and the Championship Committee reserve the right to refuse any entry without being required to give a reason.
PaR nz Golfing Holidays and NZ Golf Inc. may arrange media promotion and publicity before, during and after the Championship. Competitors assent to references to them and pictures of them appearing and being used for purposes determined by PaR nz Golfing Holidays and NZ Golf Inc.
I declare that I am eligible under the general rules of play of the championship, and that as an amateur golfer I conform with the Rules of Amateur Status and that all of the provided information is correct to the best of my knowledge, and I confirm that I have read and agree to all conditions of the tournament.